About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Parcell's decides to stay retired... good decision.

Thank goodness! Yes, the Big Tuna has announced that he will remain retired and will not serve as interim head coach of the New Orleans Saints for the upcoming 2012 season. With head coach Sean Payton's season long suspension without pay beginning on April 16th, Payton looked to his friend and mentor Parcells for advise and possibly coming out of retirement to fill the void left at head coach. After taking a couple of weeks to think it over, today's reports say the 71 year old Parcells will remain retired. And for the record, the Saints are better off without the Big Tuna. He's got a very different personality and coaching style than Payton does and I don't believe that the players would adjust very well. Better off keeping things in house. Which leads me to believe that offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael will get the job as interim head coach

No comments:

Post a Comment