About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

What to Watch For: Week 1

It's Week 1 of the 2014 regular season! And it's about damn time! Here's What to Watch For:

1. Can San Francisco shake off their preseason offensive woes? This would be the most opportune of times, as they head to Dallas to face a porous Cowboys defense.

2. The Atlanta Falcons were atrocious last year, but they open this season at home against a division rival: the New Orleans Saints. They can make a big statement with a win today.

3. Rookie Derek Carr was named the starting quarterback for the Oakland Raiders. He'll be tested against Rex Ryan's defense, if he plays well, Matt Schaub may never regain the starting job.

4. AFC North matchups: Baltimore vs. Cincinnati and Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh. The Browns are the only team that I figure to be out of playoff contention come late in the season, which makes these division games very important for the other three teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment