About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pats are more than set at tight end

One day after signing free agent tight end Bo Scaife, the Pats signed Rob Gronkowski to a 6 yr deal worth $54 million $18 million guaranteed. Looks like that leg of his has recovered quite well. After Gronk's record setting season he was rewarded in a luxurious fashion. It's fair to expect he'll do more than live up to his end of the bargain. Free agent acquisitions Daniel Fells and Bo Scaife add needed depth to the Pats TE situation, which is key because as we saw last season Gronk and Hernandez aren't invincible. Scaife spent last season on injured reserve for the Bengals after injuring his shoulder in the preseason. With more depth at TE we probably won't see the extra one or two offensive lineman on the field on running plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment