About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Jets release Tim Tebow... finally

It was long overdue, but quarterback (and I use that word lightly) Tim Tebow was released by the New York Jets today after just one season with the team. Why the Jets traded for the mediocre quarterback in the first place? Probably because team owner Woody Johnson salivated at the thought of the revenue and media attention that would come along with the polarizing Tebow. What he didn't know is how it would effect the psychologically weak starting quarterback Mark Sanchez. Head coach Rex Ryan tried using Tebow on special teams and it failed miserably. Now it's only a matter of time until Tebow gets a shot with another organization.

In my opinion Tim Tebow will never be a successful quarterback in the NFL. He can't throw and he's simply not fit to play the position in the pros. He'd be a star in the Canadian Football League and there's even reports about that possibility. Other teams in the NFL will likely want Tebow to play a different position like fullback, halfback, or tight end and if he's willing to switch positions then he should have no problem finding work in the league. If he's reluctant, then I don't see him signing elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment