About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Revis officially traded to Tampa Bay

The New York Jets traded Darrelle Revis to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in return for the Bucs 2013 first round pick and a conditional pick in 2014. Revis' contract was in the last year of his contract and has signed a six year extension with Tampa Bay worth a whopping $96 million. I know what you're thinking and I agree that it's a hell of a lot of money, especially considering he isn't a quarterback (although I do believe cornerback is the most difficult position to play in the NFL). What I found interesting, though, is that there is no guaranteed money. Very seldom does a big contract involve zero dollars of guaranteed money. This is a win win deal for both ball clubs. The Jets gain another first round pick to use in rebuilding their pathetic team and the Bucs gain the NFL's best cornerback. And as a Patriots fan I'm certainly not going to miss seeing Darrelle Revis twice a year. The Patriots will be playing the Buccaneers

No comments:

Post a Comment