About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Brian Urlacher hangs up his cleats

Today 13 year veteran Brian Urlacher announced his retirement from the NFL via Twitter. After 13 seasons in the windy city Chicago opted not to re-sign the eight-time Pro Bowler and rumors pointed to Denver and Minnesota as possible landing spots for the middle linebacker. However, it appears he's ready to walk away from the game he's given so much to. The 6'4 260-pounder has long been the leader of the Chicago Bears defense and according to Lance Briggs his absence hasn't gone unnoticed.

Brian Urlacher finishes his career with 939 tackles, 41.5 sacks, and 22 interceptions. And he played his entire career with one organization; not a very common occurrence in this day and age. Most players either tire out their welcome or sign with the team offering them the most money. Urlacher's voice never wore down, his leadership was always present. I'm sure Chicago fans are happy that he retired a Bear and he's forever engraved himself in the team's history and will forever be mentioned with the other great Chicago Bears linebackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment