About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Charles Woodson headed back to Oakland

Free agent defensive back Charles Woodson has signed a one year deal with the Oakland Raiders; the team who drafted him fourth overall in 1998. Woodson, who will be 37 years old by the time Week 6 rolls around, spent the first eight seasons of his career in the Bay area before signing with the Packers in 2006. Woodson was a cap casualty in Green Bay this offseason.

This is a very smart signing by Raiders' GM Reggie McKenzie. The Raiders currently lack veteran leadership and, to put it nicely, have a weak secondary. Oh who am I kidding? They suck. But, having a leader and future Hall of Famer like Woodson will really help the young guys learn the game and provide the right attitude with which to play. As of now it appears Woodson will line up at safety since it remains to be seen if he still has the quickness to line up against slot receivers. Tyvon Branch is penciled in as one starter and Usama Young was signed earlier in the offseason to man the other starting role. I think Woodson will have something to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment