About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Friday, October 25, 2013

A return would have been pretty Favre-fetched

After the St. Louis Rams lost their starting quarterback Sam Bradford for the rest of the season with a torn ACL it was clear they were going to be looking for help at the position. But did anyone actually think they would contact Brett Favre? The 44 year old hasn't played a down since retiring for the third and final time in 2010. When guys like Matt Leinart, Vince Young, David Carr and Brady Quinn are out there looking for a team, why would the Rams' front office and/or coaching staff even ponder the thought of talking to Brett Favre? It's mind boggling that they felt an old man who's been retired for the three years and played 20 seasons in the NFL would do better than any of the young guys I listed above. Favre informed the team that he was not interested in coming back. Thank god because the last thing I want to hear about is another Brett Favre comeback. That guy took a beating over his 20 year career, he's making the wise choice staying retired. The Rams signed quarterbacks Brady Quinn and Austin Davis instead. They should be glad Favre didn't accept their offer, it wouldn't have done the team any good to have the old timer under center.

No comments:

Post a Comment