About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

NFL Trade Deadline

It's 4:00 p.m. and that means no more trades can be conducted during the season. Several big names were associated with this year's trade deadline; Jared Allen, Tony Gonzalez, Larry Fitzgerald, Josh Gordon, Kenny Britt, and Hakeem Nicks. But, only one trade was pulled off today and that was between the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots. The Patriots traded a fifth-round pick to the Eagles in return for defensive tackle Isaac Sopoaga and their sixth-round pick. The Patriots get a veteran guy who is stout against the run (a trait their current linemen lack) and a sixth-round pick while giving up only a fifth rounder. Man, there was a heck of a lot of hype surrounding the trade deadline this year, it's a bummer there were no big names that got traded. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment