About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Manning breaks single season touchdown record... again

Yesterday we witnessed Peyton Manning break the NFL single season record for touchdown passes... again! In 2004 Peyton threw 49 touchdown passes -- breaking Dan Marino's record of 48 which he set in 1984 -- then in 2007 Tom Brady threw 50 touchdown passes, eclipsing Manning's record. But having thrown his 51st touchdown pass of the season against the Texans yesterday, Manning set a new record yet again. Manning is having an MVP season. With one game left in the regular season, this is Manning's stat line: 67.4% completions, 5,211 yards, 51 TDs, and 10 INTs. Keep in mind he is 37 years old and has had four neck surgeries. There is no arguing that Peyton Manning is the best regular season quarterback to ever play in the Nation Football League. Hell, I'm starting to question whether or not he's even human. The season he is having is unbelievable. Without him, Denver wouldn't even be a contender. There defense is suspect and he is what makes this team so successful. This record is just another accomplishment in a hall of fame career.

*Stats courtesy of www.pro-football-reference.com

No comments:

Post a Comment