About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pro Bowl Snubs

I looked at the list of players selected to the Pro Bowl this season and I'm extremely disappointed in the fans who voted. Actually, that's the understatement of the year, there were far too many players who more than deserved to go to the Pro Bowl that weren't voted in. I also see way too many players who don't deserve that honor. I'm going to list the players I felt were snubbed, and a second list titled "Prom Kings" because those are the players who were voted in due to their popularity and/or past achievements rather than how they performed this season.

Snubs: Alshon Jeffery, Chandler Jones, Muhammad Wilkerson, Rob Ninkovich, Kiko Alonso, Chris Clark, Lavonte David, Antrel Rolle, Ben Roethlisberger, Jurrell Casey, Orlando Franklin, Riley Reiff, Daryl Smith, Karlos Dansby, Mike Mitchell, Nick Foles, Danny Trevathan, Marcell Dareus, DeAndre Levy, Devin McCourty, Paul Posluszny, Julian Edelman, D.J. Fluker, and Stephen Gostkowski

Prom Kings: Logan Mankins, Patrick Willis, Trent Williams, Justin Smith, Tyron Smith, Jahri Evans, Ndamukong Suh, Marshal Yanda, Haloti Ngata, Darrelle Revis, Mike Iupati, Brandon Albert, Jason Peters, Cameron Wake, Eric Weddle, Kam Chancellor, Terrell Suggs, Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Joe Thomas, and Matt Prater

The Pro Bowl is a joke anyways. The fans are the deciders and that means they choose the players on their favorite team or the players with the sexiest stats. Too many undeserving players were selected, as is the usual when Pro Bowl rosters are announced, which is why All-Pro honors are far more credible in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment