About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Playoff Predictions: Wild Card Round

The playoffs have finally arrived! This is the NFL there's no best of seven here, it's one and done. It's Wild Card weekend and we have four matchups intriguing matchups: Colts vs. Chiefs, Eagles vs. Saints, Bengals vs. Chargers, and Packers vs. 49ers. Here are my predictions for each matchup.

Indianapolis Colts vs. Kansas City Chiefs: The Colts are playing at home, which is normally an advantage, however after having trouble selling all their tickets there may be some empty seats resulting in less noise while the Chiefs' offense is on the field. Indy went on the road in Week 16 to beat K.C. 23-7, so I know they have plenty of confidence this time around. The Chiefs rested most of their starters last week and I think that extra rest will pay off. I have a hunch Kansas City wins this game. Chiefs 24 Colts 19.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New Orleans Saints: This is the game I'm most looking forward too this weekend. A matchup between two high-powered offenses that overshadow their defenses. I think LeSean McCoy will have another big game for the Eagles and help keep Drew Brees on the sideline. Eagles 31 Saints 27
Cincinnati Bengals vs. San Diego Chargers: This is a no brainer. San Diego barely beat a K.C. team last week that rested almost all of the starting players, and they were given a huge assist from the officials. The Bengals will handle the Chargers and I expect Dalton to clean up his game and minimize the interceptions. Bengals 31 Chargers 17
Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers: Come 4:40 p.m. tomorrow it's expected to -2 degrees with a feel of 25-below. Bad news for all involved, but especially for the 49ers who are accustomed to sunny California. However, San Fran boasts the league's third best ground game while the Packers have the 25th ranked rushing defense. 49ers 24 Packers 20

No comments:

Post a Comment