About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Playoff Predictions: Super Bowl

Super Bowl XLVIII is just two days away. The two best teams in the league, the Denver Broncos and Seattle Seahawks, will go head to head at Metlife Stadium where, according to accuweather.com, the temperature will be in the low forties with thirteen mile per hour winds. That's good weather for football! This game features a Denver offense that put up the most points per game and a Seattle defense that allowed the fewest points per game, in the regular season, per cbssports.com. One aspect of this game that I'm very interested in is how it will officiated. If you haven't noticed, Seattle's defensive backs get away with a lot of extra contact and holding of opposing receivers, while Denver's offense runs illegal picks like they're playing basketball. Neither team gets penalized nearly as often as they should. But, this being the Super Bowl I'm sure the refs will let them play, and rightfully so. Without further ado here is my prediction for Super Bowl XLVIII.

Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks: Peyton Manning leads his high powered offense against Richard Sherman and the stingy Seahawks defense. While the 'Hawks defense is great, there's no question Manning is going put up points. And when that happens, I don't think that Russell Wilson has the weapons to go throw-for-throw with Manning. Seattle's game plan should be to run the ball early and keep Denver's offense on the sideline, that's the way to beat a great quarterback like Peyton Manning. However, I don't think they'll be able to do it. Broncos 24 Seahawks 20

No comments:

Post a Comment