About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, February 3, 2014

My Take: Super Bowl Edition

The Seattle Seahawks performance in Super Bowl XLVIII can be summed up with one word -- dominant. Its defense held the league's most potent offense to only eight points, forced four turnovers, and matched Denver's point total. Defensive end Cliff Avril was relentless in his pursuit of Peyton Manning and was responsible for both of the Bronco's quarterback's interceptions. Per usual, The Legion of Boom lit up the Denver receivers whenever they caught the ball. On the other side of the ball, Russell Wilson managed the game well and took care of the ball.

As a fan of the sport, I was very disappointed with how the game unfolded. In my opinion, it's best for the Super Bowl to be a competitive game and last night's matchup was anything but that. The Seahawks looked better than the Broncos in every way imaginable and it was the most lopsided Super Bowl I've ever witnessed. I did take away something positive from this game, though; that even in a league where the rules are made to let offenses shine, it's defense that wins championships.

My next post will be on how this loss affects Peyton Manning's legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment