About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Aaron Hernandez arrested, cut by Patriots

Aaron Hernandez has been arrested on five gun charges and one charge of murder. The Patriots responded to the arrest by releasing their "Joker" tight end. This is a huge hit to New England's offense. The only Patriots receiver who has caught multiple passes from Tom Brady and is expected to be healthy for the start of the regular season is Julian Edelman. The tight end position is a huge concern following the release of Hernandez. Expect the Patriots to sign a free agent like Dallas Clark or Travis Beckum. According to Gregg Rosenthal the Patriots made the decision last week that if Hernandez was arrested, they would cut him loose. The 23 year old Hernandez is a wealthy man which means it's possible he pays off the victim's family or reaches a plea bargain. You can watch the live court hearing now on ESPN among other sports stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment