About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Patriots sign Tim Tebow

No, this is not a joke, the New England Patriots have signed the polarizing figure that is Tim Tebow. Just days after Bill Belichick addressed the rumor spread by a piece written by Yahoo! Sports' Mike Silver stating that Belichick "hated" Tebow as a player. Well, that Silver guy should feel pretty stupid. Unless this is just a way of getting back at him by Belichick; crazy and unlikely, I know, but it wouldn't be strangest thing that's happened.

I'm not a Tebow fan, to put it mildly. I hate the hype that surrounds him considering he's a terrible quarterback. The Jets weren't successful in using him as a half back/tight end and on special teams. The Jets didn't have an offensive mind that was able to capitalize on Tebow's strengths. Josh McDaniels will come up with specific packages for him and get very creative. He's 6'3" 235lbs and looks more like a linebacker than a quarterback. His mechanics are terrible and he's a poor thrower. So, who better to backup than Tom Brady?

There is no denying Tebow's athleticism and ability to run the football. He's been reluctant to switch positions in the past but I have a feeling that after an offseason where it was widely believed he wouldn't play another down in the NFL, he's going to be a little more open to it this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment