About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tebow won't be limited to quarterback in New England

I've seen reports stating, "Tebow was brought to New England to play quarterback," while others say, "Tebow will be studying a great deal at tight end." Limiting him to just one position defeats the purpose of having him on your team. If there's one thing that's true about this guy it's that he's a football player. Not a quarterback but a football player. I think that the Pats offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels is going to get creative. I expect to see Tebow lined up in the backfield with  Tom Brady. And specifically on goal-to-go situations where he can run the ball in, complete a short pass for a touchdown or catch a dump off from Brady. He's being given the opportunity to develop as a quarterback and learn from one of the greatest to ever play the position. However, there is no denying Tebow's presence on the field- it causes the defense to account for the myriad of options that could be thrown at them. For Belichick and McDaniels, the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment