About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Do the Patriots boast the league's best secondary?

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick struck gold this offseason by adding two of the NFL's best press-man cornerbacks in Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner. This leads some people to ask the question, do the Patriots now have the best secondary in the NFL? I'm a diehard Pats fan, but I'm also a realist, which is why I say the Seattle Seahawks still boast the league's top secondary. The "Legion of Boom" sports Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, and Jeremy Lane at the corner and nickelback positions, while Kam Chancelor and Earl Thomas man the two safety positions. The Patriots aren't far behind, though. They have more talent at cornerback, with Revis and Browner on the outside and Kyle Arrington, Logan Ryan, and Alfonzo Dennard covering slot receivers. Devin McCourty is one of the most underrated players in the league despite being one of the top free safeties. Once a talented player is added to play alongside McCourty and man the strong safety position this secondary has the potential to be the very best, but I don't think they're there just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment