About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Draft Report Card: AFC East

AFC East:

Buffalo Bills- C
The Bills have a glaring need at tight end, and could have stayed put at number nine overall and drafted Eric Ebron. Instead, they chose to trade up to the Browns' number four spot and select wide receiver Sammy Watkins. Drafting Cyrus Kouandjio in the second round was a good pick. In the third round they chose Preston Brown, who looks like a two-down linebacker and they already have one of those in Brandon Spikes.
Miami Dolphins- C+
The Dolphins' staff knew they needed to add to offensive line, and that's what they did. Adding JaWuan James and Billy Turner. I don't understand the Arthur Lynch selection, considering he's not much of a receiving tight end and they already have Dion Sims as the in-line tight end. I also thought safety and running back should have been addressed.
New England Patriots- B
The first round selection of Dominique Easley was a good one. He's versatile, instinctive, and provides an interior pass-rush. The injury history is concerning, though. Their second round choice was a shocker, they selected quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. I think Belichick should have addressed the linebacker position, and I think he reached selecting running back James White in the fourth round. This draft class was clearly aimed at the future, rather than the 2014 season.
New York Jets- A-
The Jets killed it, plain and simple. They had a hell of a draft. Calvin Pryor and Jace Amaro are going to make an immediate impact. They addressed all of their needs. I thought they reached when selected Dexter McDougle in the third round. The selection of Tajh Boyd in the sixth round provides them with another dual-threat quarterback. Just a great job by Rex Ryan and his staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment