About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

New Orleans' weather finally a Cool Brees

LeBron James said it best, "It's about damn time." He said that in response to winning a championship after nine long ring-less seasons but it's certainly an appropriate response to Brees and the Saints finally coming to an agreement; looks like that threat of not playing without a long term deal paid off nicely. The 5 yr deal is worth $100 million and $60 million is guaranteed, meaning if he suffers a career ending injury this season that $60 million is his money. He's set to earn $40 million this season alone which is just absurd, I don't care who you are or what you've done for the city you play in, that's a crazy amount of money for just one season. The Saints aren't going to win their division but their record will be a hell of a lot better with him as their quarterback.

No comments:

Post a Comment