About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Friday, August 31, 2012

CAUTION: Games will run at slower pace than usual

That's right, be ready for some slow and embarrassing football come Week 1. All because these replacement officials are going to be used to start the regular season. All of the missed and poor calls, bad ball placement, and the many other gaffes we've witnessed this preseason will carry over into regular season play. I've come to find myself muting my television when the referees are in the process of explaining the foul they've called, because it's just embarrassing to watch. Being a referee for any professional sport is a very difficult job. I don't think fans quite understand or care to understand how hard the officials jobs are. All the verbal abuse they take from fans and more so from coaches. Knowing that if you throw that yellow flag it could possibly decide the outcome of the game. And not to mention knowing the entire rule book like the back of your hand. Which is all the more reason to get the original NFL officiating crew wearing black and white stripes ASAP. But until then, be ready to roll your eyes, shake your heads, and sometimes yell at the television through at least the first couple weeks of the regular season.

No comments:

Post a Comment