About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Replacement officials are hard to watch

These replacement refs aren't easy to watch. They're constantly making mistakes; placing the ball in the wrong spot, calling penalties on the wrong team, mumbling and bumbling during penalty explanations, getting the coin toss wrong (how you make that mistake is beyond me) just to name a few. But all the mistakes are understandable. I mean these officials aren't accustomed to officiating professional games, where the spotlight is bigger, the coaches and players are more vocal, and the fans are cruel. There have been reports that this referee lockout could carry on into the regular season. Well, if these refs are having trouble officiating preseason games just imagine how they'll do come the regular season. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment