About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Plax to the Pats?

Plaxico Burress had a recent work out for the New England Patriots, a team with depth at the receiver position. Since training camp began, it's been reported that Brandon Lloyd, Wes Welker, and Jabar Gaffney are the locks at wide receiver leaving Donte Stallworth and Deion Branch fighting for the number four spot on the depth chart. Gaffney left practice the other day after pulling a hamstring or quadriceps during practice and the severity of his injury hasn't been addressed. Even with that depth, Plaxico brings an element that the others lack and that's a threat in the red zone. Rob Gronkowski is that guy right now and if Burress was on the team then opposing defenses wouldn't stand a chance once the Brady entered the red zone. At 35 years of age, Burress is obviously lost some steps in speed but at 6'5" one thing he can still do as good as anyone is go up and get jump balls. I'd like to see Plaxico in a Pats uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment