About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Pats preseason opener

This Thursday (August 9) the Patriots open their preseason against the New Orleans Saints. I will be in attendance for this game and I can't wait to see all the new faces in action. We'll see the rookies and free agency acquisitions fighting for the right to see the field come the regular season; one reason why preseason games are so important. Nobody is guaranteed a starting role or even a roster spot and in the preseason these guys play their asses off to make the 53 man roster. The Pats rookie I most looking forward to seeing is Tavon Wilson. When Belichick selected Wilson in the second round of the draft, the "experts" criticized the pick because Wilson was a sixth or seventh rounder on their boards. I loved the pick. The secondary needed help and Wilson is a versatile player; he played corner, nickel, and safety at Illinois. He spends a lot of time studying film and mastering the playbook, I think Wilson is going to have a big impact on this defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment