About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

New England is ideal landing spot for Freeney

The Indianapolis Colts have told free agent Dwight Freeney that he will not be re-signed this offseason, making the 11 year veteran available to teams in need of a savvy veteran pass rusher with some gas left in the tank. I expect the New England Patriots to bring him in for a work out one free agency begins. The Patriots need a pass rusher and Freeney can provide just that. He had a quiet season in 2012 but that's in large part due to the fact that after playing as a defensive end his first ten years in the league he was forced to play outside linebacker for the first time, a tough transition for any player to make. If the Patriots were to sign Freeney, who turns 33 this month, they would be getting a smart, talented, durable player who would improve their defense for a fair price. After 11 seasons in the league most players have made the big bucks and are financially satisfied and they'll take a pay cut to win a Super Bowl, we'll see if that's the case with Dwight Freeney.

No comments:

Post a Comment