About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ravens won't repeat

The Ravens won't win the Super Bowl next year. There's no repeat in this team's near future. The Ravens barely got by this year and they're likely to lose some very key players. Baltimore doesn't have much cap room meaning less money to re-sign free agents. Their key free agents include Ed Reed, Paul Kruger, Dannell Ellerbe, Bryant McKinnie, Dennis Pitta, and Joe Flacco. Players are going to have to be cut in order to create the money needed to re-sign even a few of those guys. And when you add that Ray Lewis retired after their Super Bowl XLVII victory this team has to replace it's heart and soul for the past 17 seasons.
The bottom line is this team won't have the talent or leadership, specifically on defense, to win the Super Bowl next season. You heard it here first, no way in hell this team repeats.

No comments:

Post a Comment