About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Chip Kelly is out of his mind not naming Nick Foles as starter

Philadelphia Eagles' head coach Chip Kelly still hasn't named Nick Foles as the team's starting quarterback. So what's stopping him? In seven games Foles has completed 63 percent of his passes for 1,256 yards, 16 touchdowns and no interceptions and adding 80 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown. Michael Vick, who began the season as the starting quarterback, completed roughly 55 percent of his passes for 1,215 yards for 5 touchdowns and 3 interceptions and rushed for 308 yards and two touchdowns in six games played. The passing game is thriving under Foles and wide receiver Riley Cooper in particular is proving himself to be a quality starter opposite DeSean Jackson. The Eagles are 3-1 with Foles and 2-4 with Vick. All of the numbers point towards Foles as the better option, so why is Chip Kelly not sold on him? Maybe it's that he's so intrigued by Vick's athleticism and mobility. Or that he's just not confident in Foles (I can't imagine why). Whatever the reason, expect Foles to be named the starter eventually.

*Stats courtesy of www.pro-football-reference.com

No comments:

Post a Comment