About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ed Reed to be released by Houston Texans

Breaking news today, as initially reported by John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the Houston Texans will release safety Ed Reed today. Reed was signed to a three-year deal worth $16 million and earned $6 million through seven games this year. Reed was a bitter disappointment, though, as he registered just 14 tackles and even lost his starting role to Shilo Keo. Who? Exactly. The 35-year old Reed will go on waivers and if he goes unclaimed, will become a free agent. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer and one of the best safeties to ever play the game, but his career is nearing its end. I think he's going to play somewhere this season, but after that, I'm not so sure. Here are some potential landing spots for the veteran safety: New England Patriots, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, St. Louis Rams, and Minnesota Vikings.

No comments:

Post a Comment