About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bears defense is best in the league

The Chicago Bears defense may be ranked 6th in the NFL in total defense but in my eyes defenses aren't ranked on how many yards they give up. It's about turnovers and making big plays and that's exactly what the Bears defense does. Through eight games this unit lead by Brian Urlacher and Charles Tillman have recorded 25 sacks (tied for third best in NFL), forced 21 fumbles (league best), intercepted 17 passes (tied for first), and scored eight touchdowns (league best). They're turnover machines! Cornerback Charles Tillman alone has forced a career high seven fumbles and keep in mind we're only half way through the season. With their defense playing like this and the offense playing steady this team looks to be making a Super Bowl run.

No comments:

Post a Comment