About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Patriots acquire Aqib Talib in trade with Buccaneers

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers traded corner Aqib Talib and a 2013 seventh round pick to the New England Patriots for the Pats' 2013 fourth round pick. I love this move, I tip my hat to Belichick yet again. At 6'1 205lbs Talib is a big and physical corner and a real ball hawk. Since being drafted by the Bucs in the first round in 2008, he's picked off 18 passes. Just as impressive is that he's broken up 53 passes and could really help this struggling Patriots secondary. Talib is serving a 4-game suspension for substance abuse and will have to miss the Patriots week 10 game against Buffalo, but week 11 against the Colts he'll be on the field. The 26 year old corner has gotten into a lot of trouble but Belichick has a history of getting players with bad reps i.e. Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Alfonzo Dennard, Albert Haynesworth. And thus far it's worked out more often than not. I believe that this trade isn't only going to benefit the Patriots, it's going to benefit Aqib Talib. The atmosphere in this Patriots organization is going to be good for this guy. Talib is also in a contract year so assuming he wants to make big money next season, we should see him playing with a little extra motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment