About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

No cursing the officials?

In last night's game Pittsburgh Steeler's offensive lineman Willie Colon was penalized for "cursing an official," the first time I have ever heard of such a penalty. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the referees are cursed at every Sunday; I've read the lips of coaches voicing their opinions to referees after a penalty and they tee off on those zebras. Players aren't politely telling the refs that they got the call wrong so why penalize Colon? It's an emotional game and tempers are short. That penalty was bogus and I don't expect to it to happen again this season. If refs don't want to be cursed at I suggest working in a church.

No comments:

Post a Comment