About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Raiders need a QB, but Flynn isn't the answer

The Oakland Raider's are close to completing a deal with the Seattle Seahawks that would send an Oakland draft pick in 2013 and 2014 to Seattle for their backup quarterback Matt Flynn, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. You may recall during last year's off season, the buzz surrounding the then Green Bay Packers backup quarterback Matt Flynn and who was going to sign him. Teams were so high on this guy and I never understood why. He only had two impressive games up to that point. Seattle signed him to a three year $26 million deal in 2012 and he lost the starting job to rookie Russell Wilson during the preseason. Flynn is a backup quarterback, plain and simple. The Raiders would be making a mistake by giving up draft picks for a backup quarterback when they should be using those draft picks to try and help rebuild their horrid roster. Cut Carson Palmer and draft a quarterback. Heck, sign Kevin Kolb if you have to (just don't overpay). But don't give up draft picks for a backup quarterback, you already have one in Terrell Pryor.

No comments:

Post a Comment