About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Teams can't win in March

Spending money during free agency doesn't guarantee on-field success. Just ask the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles. This year the Miami Dolphins have made the most noise in free agency overpaying for Mike Wallace, Dannell Ellerbe, and Phillip Wheeler. In all they've made some good acquisitions but I don't believe this team will be a threat in 2013. Ryan Tannehill is still learning and hasn't reached that next level in terms of his play. The team also has a glaring hole at the running back position after Reggie Bush signed with Detroit, left tackle with Jake Long a member of the Rams, and cornerback with the loss of Sean Smith to Kansas City. The Dolphins are the second best team in the AFC East behind the Patriots, however they're not yet a playoff contender. Teams can't win in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment