About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Coaches and players to lighten up on refs

The league sent out a memo to all 32 teams telling players and coaches to stop trying to intimidate these replacement officials. And I for one agree with that demand seeing how it's been blateantly obvious that the behavior towards to officials is much more aggressive from both the players and coaches. We'll likely see less aggression from the teams staff and possibly more courage from the officials. As I'm sure everyone has noticed, there has been a lot of extra curricular activity going on after plays are blown dead (pushing, shoving, scuffles, etc.) and I for one enjoy that part of game, but the officials need to grow a pair and take control of those situations. They need to do a better job seperating the players and informing the players and coaches that it isn't going to tolerated. I'm certainly going to have my eyes on the officials (more than usual) today.

No comments:

Post a Comment