About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Refs did well in season opener

As I've said before, I thought that these replacement referees were going to be as mediocre as they were in the preseason but that clearly wasn't the case. I was very impressed by the officiating crew last night. The defending Super Bowl champion Giants opened the season against their division rival Cowboys in a nationally televised game putting that much more pressure on this crew of replacement officials. They brought their A game and did a hell of a job. Yes, there were some missed calls but you'll see that in every game regardless of who the referees are. If these replacements continue officiating this well we can expect the lockout to go on for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment