About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I could get use to these replacement refs

Like the usual referees, the replacements made some mistakes. However, they officiated a lot better than I expected them to. A true luxury from these replacement refs is that we're seeing much less defensive pass interference calls compared to previous seasons. Wide receivers are by far the whiniest players on the field constantly complaining to the officials. If I had a nickel for every time I saw a receiver drop a ball, throw his hands in the air and look towards the referees resulting in a defensive pass interference call, I wouldn't still be living with my rents. Hopefully the league doesn't do or say anything to change that part of the game... again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment