About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Baltimore's Ray Lewis and Lardarius Webb out for rest of the season

Ray Lewis, the heart and soul of the Baltimore Ravens for the past 15 years, and underrated stand out cornerback Lardarius Webb have been placed on the injured reserve list. Of the two, Ray Lewis will be easier to replace, I know it sounds crazy. But at 37 years of age, Lewis' athleticism isn't what it once was and what new- starting middle backer Dannell Ellerbe lacks in passion and leadership (Lewis' most impactful qualities) he almost makes up for with his youth and athleticism. The loss of Lardarius Webb is much more impactful because he's a good versatile defensive back; a position that, in this pass-frenzy league is arguably the most crucial position on the defense. Second year corner Jimmy Smith will be taking Webb's spot at corner.
On a brighter note Terrell Suggs' return to the starting lineup is something that Ravens fans are looking forward to even more. At 5-1 through the first six weeks Baltimore is first in their division and I don't see these two injuries stopping this team from making the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment