About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pats defense is good

This New England defense is good and is certainly better than people give them credit for. Bill Belichick's defense is very young but also very disciplined, physical, and versatile. The rookies are playing well and the defense is forcing turnovers with 14 thus far (6 interceptions 8 fumble recoveries). The 8 fumble recoveries are a league best. And they're playing with an attitude that I haven't seen on the Pats defense since the days of Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison. The source? Middle linebacker Brandon Spikes. The third year man out of Florida plays with a nastiness and intensity that has infected his teammates as well. Spikes is a ferocious hitter and after he hits you he's going to get in your face and tell you about it. He's the energizer of this young Patriots defense. They're stout against the run and have really improved in pass defense. This group is going to get better as the season goes on and it's because of this that I say the Patriots will win the Super Bowl XLVII. Oh, yeah and having Tom Brady doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment