About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Patriots' weakness remains on defense

The Pats' defense played very well this season and vastly improved from 2011 but there's still not enough depth and talent on that side of the ball. Hopefully New England signs cornerback Aqib Talib to a long term deal because he makes the defense so much better with his ability to cover the opponent's top receiver one on one. When he injured his leg and left the game last night the secondary fell apart showing a lack of depth. Also, this defense is in serious need of a pass rusher. Chandler Jones is going to be good but outside of him there's no true pass rushing defender. I would expect to see these areas addressed in the upcoming NFL Draft and free agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment