About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ray Lewis to retire at season's end

Raven's linebacker Ray Lewis, a future first ballot hall of famer, has announced that after the season is over he is going to retire from the NFL. He told the media, "this is my last ride." Lewis is in his 17th season and at 37 years old he's given it everything he's got. Ray Lewis is a rare football player who plays the game with more passion, intensity, grace, and class than any other player on the defensive side of the ball. He's the leader of the Baltimore Ravens and losing him is going to be a huge loss to this defense. His teammates feed off of his intense play. And this leads me to wonder... will Baltimore go after Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o, the best inside linebacker in all of college football, in the upcoming NFL draft? It would certainly make sense and he would be the right choice to fill the shoes of Ray Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment