About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Falcon's finally making a playoff run, but will it last?

Falcons head coach Mike Smith and his team finally got that monkey off their back, after being "one and done" in the playoffs in three of the past four years the dirty birds finally won a playoff game and are on a Super Bowl run. But, it may come to an abrupt end when they host the always tough San Francisco 49ers this Sunday in the NFC Championship game. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick is playing exceptionally well, he did after all set an NFL single-game record for most rushing yards by a quarterback with 181 in their win over Green Bay last weekend. San Francisco's defense is very good, that's a given, but it's the offense that has found new life ever since Kaepernick took over for Alex Smith in Week 10 of the regular season. Kaepernick's rocket arm and running ability makes the offense as a whole a lot more difficult for defenses to defend. I don't believe Atlanta's defense has the ability to stop Kaepernick and that 49ers offense. I think the 49ers will win by a score of 37-30

If all goes well (for me) the New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers will square off February 3, 2013 in Super Bowl XLVII.

No comments:

Post a Comment