About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Tom Brady vs. Ray Lewis; the final chess match

Ray Lewis has often compared playing against Tom Brady to a game of chess; if you give away your intentions then Brady is going to counter. In last year's AFC Championship game the Patriots hosted the Ravens and won 23-20. Both teams are much different this time around, the Patriots' offense has a strong running game and a healthy offensive line, not to mention a defense that is vastly improved from last year and is forcing turnovers at an alarming rate. As for the Ravens they've got a quarterback who may be entering dare I say it, the "elite" group of quarterbacks, and an always effective running game. The defense is slower but playing with extra motivation as they try to get their leader, Ray Lewis, back to the Super Bowl before he retires at season's end. Also, Baltimore has an advantage in the special teams department with rookie kicker Justin Tucker playing out of his mind and return man Jacoby Jones a threat to score every time he has the ball. This game is going to be physical, some extra stuff after the whistles I assume, good old fashioned football, and everyone watching should appreciate the two legends on the field that night; Tom Brady and Ray Lewis.
Ray Lewis is a once in a lifetime player so watch him during this game and appreciate what you're witnessing.
I predict the Patriots to win this game 34-27

No comments:

Post a Comment