About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Help Wanted: Coaches and General Managers

Chan Gailey (Bills), Lovie Smith (Bears), Pat Shurmur (Browns), Romeo Crennel (Chiefs), Andy Reid (Eagles), Ken Whisenhunt (Cardinals), and Norv Turner (Chargers) are the first seven head coaches fired since the conclusion of the regular season. All firings were smart moves and one was long over due, can you guess which one? It's the time of year when the 20 teams who didn't make the playoffs start preparing for the next season. General Managers Tom Heckert of the Cleveland Browns, Mike Tannenbaum of the New York Jets, A.J. Smith of the San Diego Chargers, Rod Graves of the Arizona Cardinals, and Gene Smith of the Jacksonville Jaguars were also shown the door. Surprisingly enough, Rex Ryan's job as head coach of the Jets is safe, the same goes for Lions' Jim Schwartz who should absolutely be out of a job, in my opinion. He has a very young and talented team but he can't control his guys. His players get in to trouble on and off the field far too often, this team needs a head coach who can effectively discipline his players and get the best out of them. As much as I think Jim Schwartz should be fired it may not happen because he's signed through 2015. We'll just have to wait and see as Black Monday continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment