About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Goodell wants to remove kickoffs from the game

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell would like to eliminate kickoffs. We've already seen the placement of the ball on kickoffs moved up to the 35 yard line which has resulted in more touchbacks. The Commissioner wants to remove this part of the game for the safety of the players, so his heart is in the right place I guess. Goodell has to just accept the fact that football is a violent collision sport and concussions happen; there's no way to prevent them without hurting the integrity of the game. As far as kickoffs are concerned, don't expect the Competition Committee to completely agree with Goodell's point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment