About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Edelman's season is over

The New England Patriots have placed wide receiver Julian Edelman on season ending injured reserve after he suffered a fracture in his foot during last week's game against Miami. This is a real blow to the Patriots, not only on offense but on special teams as well. Edelman was the team's punt returner and an effective one, averaging 15.5 yards per return. The Pats signed veteran Donte Stallworth to help fill the void on offense. Stallworth has good speed but isn't as elusive or dangerous after the catch as Edelman. Expect to see Wes Welker's work load increase now that Edelman's out of the lineup. We may see him returning punts too.
The Patriots offense played well without Aaron Hernandez, they're playing well without Gronk, and I think they'll continue to play well without Edelman. Why? Because running back Stevan Ridley makes this offense balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment