About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pro Bowl snubs

I couldn't believe some of the players that weren't selected to this year's Pro Bowl. First off, I'd like it to be known that every Patriots offensive lineman should have been selected. They run more plays than any other group of lineman and have done as good a job protecting their quarterback as any of their peers. Logan Mankins was the only member of the o-line selected. Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman didn't make the squad despite his impressive season and roll in a Seahawks' defense that deserves a lot of the credit for their 10-5 record. Both of the 49ers' inside linebackers, NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis, were voted in and while they're both very good players I don't think they had a better season than Cardinal's linebacker Daryl Washington (123 tackles, 9 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 interception). This just goes to show you that the Pro Bowl is a joke, it has been for years and years, not just the voting but the game itself. Hopefully, they'll pull the plug on this thing someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment