About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Bears, 49ers upset in overtime

The last time the 49ers and Rams squared off the game ended in a tie. St. Louis took San Francisco into overtime with the score 13-13 and with 26 seconds left in overtime Rams' rookie kicker Greg Zuerlein nailed a 53 yard field goal to win the game. The Rams, coached by Jeff Fischer, are a team on the rise and next year I think they may be a real force. As for the San Francisco 49ers, Jim Harbaugh chose to start Colin Kaepernick at quarterback over veteran and former starter Alex Smith for the third straight week. We'll see if Harbaugh sticks with the youngster or goes back to Smith.

The Chicago Bears looked to remain in first place in the NFC North with a win yesterday but their plans were upset by the Seattle Seahawks. Last week the Seahawks' two starting cornerbacks, Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman, were both suspended for four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy but since they appealed the suspensions they were able to play Sunday against the Bears. I note this because I don't believe the Seahawks would have won that game without their starting corners. Nevertheless, with 7:33 remaining in overtime Seattle's rookie quarterback Russell Wilson threw a touchdown pass to Sidney Rice to beat Chicago 23-17. With that loss Chicago drops to second place in their division behind Green Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment