About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Chiefs win big in the wake of a tragedy

Just a day after Kansas City Chief's linebacker, 25 year old Jovan Belcher, killed his girlfriend and then committed suicide outside of Arrowhead Stadium in front of General Manager Scott Pioli and Head Coach Romeo Crennel, the Chiefs won their second game of the season beating the Carolina Panthers 27-21. Not an easy game to play after losing a teammate, especially for coach Crennel who witnessed Belcher take his own life. But it the midst of grief and remembrance the Chiefs team came together and scored a season high 27 points against the Panthers. Kansas City's feature running back Jamaal Charles may have had the toughest day of all. Belcher's girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, was Jamaal Charles' wife's cousin and Charles introduced the them to each other. Charles ran with a lot of emotion yesterday totaling 127 yards on the ground. After such an emotional tragedy that left everyone effected wondering, "why?", the Chiefs played their best game of the season. My heart goes out to the people effected, especially the 3 month old baby girl who's parents are no longer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment