About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Dante Scarnecchia, Pats O-Line deserve more credit

The Patriots have had several injuries along their offensive line this season and regardless of who was hurt there was another man ready to step in and play. Credit offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia for his coaching and preparation. It's because of his coaching that we've seen guys like Donald Thomas, Nick McDonald, and Marcus Cannon perform so well when called upon. The team's 2011 first round pick Nate Solder, who I didn't think would be able to handle starting at left tackle, has played phenomenal. And Ryan Wendell, entered the season with only five career starts, has started at center every game this year and reminds me a lot of former Patriot's center Dan Koppen. This bunch has allowed only 14 sacks this season, fewest in the NFL. My hat goes off to Scarnecchia and his guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment