About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Patriots struggle in win over Miami

The Patriots only won by seven points defeating the Dolphins 23-16. I was upset with the play calling of Patriot's Offensive Coordinator Josh McDaniels. They should have started the game feeding the ball to Stevan Ridley, opening up the play action passes. But, instead we saw Tom Brady throwing the ball and nothing coming of it. The passing game struggled as Brady over threw some receivers and those receivers dropped passes. They didn't establish the run until the fourth quarter when Ridley ran for 46 of his total 71 yards. Also, Stephen Gostkowski missed his sixth field goal this season. He's been in a funk all season and when the playoffs roll around he must be on his game, I mean how many times have we seen playoff games come down to a field goal? Still, what's important is they came out with a win and clinched a playoff berth yet again. Now, the Pats are focusing on their game next Monday night when they'll host the 11-1 Houston Texans.

No comments:

Post a Comment